Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dambisa Defends her Topless Photos and say ‘Only a Shallow Minded Person Can Condemn Me’

ONLY a shallow-minded person can condemn me for showing off my pregnancy in a magazine, says singer Dambisa Lunda.

And Dambisa says there is nothing wrong with her exposing her 'baby bump' topless.

She was yesterday reacting to comments on social media condemning her for posing topless in an online magazine.

Dambisa, who is eight months pregnant, is appearing on the front page of Exclusive Zambian Magazine (above), wearing a chitenge (wrapper), topless and only covering her breasts.
Most people on social media have received this with mixed feelings, wondering whether she was married or not Mwa Bana TK commented on Joyce Mbilika Lemba who posted the picture on her Facebook wall that there was need for Dambisa to brace herself for serious criticism. Lemba also commented on her own posting, wondering what Dambisa's in-laws would think of her after seeing the picture on the front page of an online magazine. When contacted for a comment, Dambisa said she was not bothered by the many phone calls that she had received concerning the picture.

"Is there anything wrong with that picture…what do you think? If you were to come to me as The Post Newspaper and told me that since you are a public person, we want to cover you…promoting motherhood, healthy eating…stuff like that, I am not going to refuse because you people promote us; you make us what we are,"

Dambisa said. "Being pregnant is not a crime at all. Supporting someone who is proud of what they have become is not something wrong at all. It's not like I am exposing my boobs, or exposing my private part."

Dambisa said she only agreed to feature in a magazine that was promoting motherhood and healthy eating because she was a proud mother-to-be.

"If I was somewhere else, still Zambian and took this picture and someone publicised it, we would not have had this problem. It is only a shallow-minded Zambian person who would condemn me for that picture,"

Dambisa said. "Let us look at it from a positive side and not a negative side. If people are not proud of who they are and what they become, then there is something wrong. Why should we be hiding ourselves when we become pregnant?"

Dambisa said she wouldn't feel embarrassed to swim at a public swimming pool because she was pregnant.

"…what if someone took a picture of me swimming and posted it on Facebook? Would it be a problem? I don't think it would be a problem. It is so irritating ….In fact, I am not even irritated and I am not bothered," she said.

Dambisa said she had received many phone calls from people asking why she agreed to have such a picture taken.

Asked whether her husband had seen the picture, Dambisa said, "My husband was with me when I went for the photo shoot."

No comments: